We would like to thank our clients (past, present, and future), consultants, colleagues, and build teams a wonderful holiday season! In keeping with tradition, we’ve made a donation to the David Suzuki Foundation in lieu of sending out printed cards. This year’s digital card features the new living room and fireplace at the Gathering House, a project we are extremely proud of. May everyone’s holiday season involve a cozy place to hang out with friends and family, be it in front of a high-efficiency fireplace or for those of you lucky enough to be in a Passive House, just about anywhere in your home! Happy holidays and best wishes for the new year, love from One SEED.
- AFTER AND BEFORE. Re-Generation House peeking out from behind the landscape. This photo is just … perfection (nice one @pineconecamp)#regenerationhouse #renovationbeforeandafter as seen in #graymagazine #graymag #inprint #pnw.Build by @verticalgrainprojectsInterior Design: @myriamfreedmandesigns + @OneSEED_Arch (collab)Architecture: @OneSEED_ArchLandscape: @greenelevationsStyling: @lmellingPhotography: @pineconecamp@gray_magazine article by @renske_werner
- FLEXIBILITY. Re-Generation House. For this family that entertains frequently, it was critical to have sufficient seating. Instead of consuming floor space with a dedicated dining room that can accommodate those large numbers, we have a flex space in the adjacent living room. When needed, those beautiful yellow chairs are moved out of the way, and the dining room table can extend to accommodate many, many, many more guests. When extended, the dining room is anchored on the fireplace beyond and the extended table feels like it was always meant to be there. See more of the house in the current issue of @gray_magazine#flexibility #modifiable #multifunctional #bigdinnerparties #diningroom #regenerationhouse #renovationbeforeandafter as seen in #graymagazine #graymag #inprint #pnw.Build by @verticalgrainprojectsInterior Design: @myriamfreedmandesigns + @OneSEED_Arch (collab)Architecture: @OneSEED_ArchLandscape: @greenelevationsStyling: @lmellingPhotography: @pineconecamp
- X#romannumerals #ten #oneSEEDarch #10years #decadeofdesign #celebration #moretocome #pnw #butterflyroof #rxvp
- Some hilarious words to reflect on as we head into the weekend, courtesy a most wonderful client of ours: Excerpt from email: "I'm currently reading an autobiography titled Bid Time Return by the novelist and architect Humphrey Pakington. He became an architect shortly after returning to England from serving in the Great War, so in the early 1920s. I thought the following passage was amusing, and that you might like it. Before this passage, he has just described a couple of annoying clients, and then goes on to the topic of the ideal client. "The client indeed made an absorbing study, and by the time the job was finished I would feel that I knew more of my subject than could the family doctor. Every client has his peccadilloes and peculiarities, as indeed has every architect. That being so, it was a most fortunate chance to come across the perfect client – and let me right the balance at once by saying that it was a woman. This good lady gave it to be understood that she didn't much mind what the job cost or what it looked like, and followed this up by announcing that she was off to New Zealand for six months. There, I think, you have a basis for the minimum demands of the architectural profession – that there should be no limit of cost and no adverse criticism of design, and that all clients should undertake to retire to New Zealand till the job is finished. Australia might be acceptable, but New Zealand would be just that much better." End quote.#lifeofanarchitect #architecturequotes #endquote #friday
- SHOWER. Re-Generation House. I wouldn’t mind if this shower were part of my morning ritual! It is hard to grasp the scale of this space without seeing this shower in person, which maybe you did if you joined us on Vancouver’s Modern Home Tour. The recessed ceiling shower head is over eleven feet high! The windows do not have window coverings as they are strategically placed above shoulder height to provide a sense of showering in the outdoors, while also providing *ahem* some discretion as these windows face on to the front yard. Rumour has it you can often hear the homeowner singing in the shower from the front yard… #regenerationhouse #dreamshower #insideoutside as seen in #graymagazine #graymag #inprint #pnw.Build by @verticalgrainprojectsInterior Design: @myriamfreedmandesigns + @OneSEED_Arch (collab)Architecture: @OneSEED_ArchStyling: @lmellingPhotography: @pineconecamp@gray_magazine article by @renske_werner