One SEED’s studio on the sixth floor of the iconic Seymour Building is infused with our distinctively warm and contemporary design style. Our colourful space compliments and contrasts the neo-gothic exterior and lobby of the heritage building, while showcasing several exciting green materials and products.
We selected a charmingly small suite with great potential. After suffering through 100 years of renovations, the space was devoid of personality and run-down (check out the ‘before’ picture). We tore out the drop ceiling to discover 10′ concrete ceilings above! We also demolished the interior walls and doors to create an open concept space that is flooded with natural light and channels a New York artist’s loft.
Here are just a few of the sustainable aspects of our renovation:
- high-efficiency LED luminaire with a sustainably harvested bamboo shade (learn more),
- wall coverings printed with water-based inks on recycled and FSC certified paper (learn more),
- eco-friendly furnishings made from polyurethane-free padding, FSC certified lumber, and low-VOC fabrics and adhesives (learn more),
- recyclable commercial carpet tiles from FLOR with a closed-loop product lifecycle, low VOC Green Label Plus rating, and 100% recycled face fibers for many of the tiles used in our lounge’s custom area rug (learn more),
- custom side table made from a SFI certified and locally produced parallam beam to demonstrate the natural beauty of this eco-friendly alternative to large growth lumber,
- zero-VOC paint in bright colours to bounce and diffuse the natural light throughout the space