Our ‘Updo’ House is a finalist in the Best Exterior Renovation Category for a GVHBA Ovation Award. We are pleased to share the honor with the construction team at Green City Builders who did an amazing job of executing the design on site. The Ovation Awards recognize excellence in renovation, new home construction and design in Metro Vancouver. The Awards Gala takes place on Saturday, April 20th … so fingers crossed!
- Some hilarious words to reflect on as we head into the weekend, courtesy a most wonderful client of ours: Excerpt from email: "I'm currently reading an autobiography titled Bid Time Return by the novelist and architect Humphrey Pakington. He became an architect shortly after returning to England from serving in the Great War, so in the early 1920s. I thought the following passage was amusing, and that you might like it. Before this passage, he has just described a couple of annoying clients, and then goes on to the topic of the ideal client. "The client indeed made an absorbing study, and by the time the job was finished I would feel that I knew more of my subject than could the family doctor. Every client has his peccadilloes and peculiarities, as indeed has every architect. That being so, it was a most fortunate chance to come across the perfect client – and let me right the balance at once by saying that it was a woman. This good lady gave it to be understood that she didn't much mind what the job cost or what it looked like, and followed this up by announcing that she was off to New Zealand for six months. There, I think, you have a basis for the minimum demands of the architectural profession – that there should be no limit of cost and no adverse criticism of design, and that all clients should undertake to retire to New Zealand till the job is finished. Australia might be acceptable, but New Zealand would be just that much better." End quote.#lifeofanarchitect #architecturequotes #endquote #friday
- SHOWER. Re-Generation House. I wouldn’t mind if this shower were part of my morning ritual! It is hard to grasp the scale of this space without seeing this shower in person, which maybe you did if you joined us on Vancouver’s Modern Home Tour. The recessed ceiling shower head is over eleven feet high! The windows do not have window coverings as they are strategically placed above shoulder height to provide a sense of showering in the outdoors, while also providing *ahem* some discretion as these windows face on to the front yard. Rumour has it you can often hear the homeowner singing in the shower from the front yard… #regenerationhouse #dreamshower #insideoutside as seen in #graymagazine #graymag #inprint #pnw.Build by @verticalgrainprojectsInterior Design: @myriamfreedmandesigns + @OneSEED_Arch (collab)Architecture: @OneSEED_ArchStyling: @lmellingPhotography: @pineconecamp@gray_magazine article by @renske_werner
- BEFORE AND AFTERSITE INTEGRATION. Re-Generation House. The backyard is now a part of the dining room, and vice versa. Swipe to see the ‘before’..#outdoorliving #insideoutside #modernbackyard #patio #firepit #concretebench#regenerationhouse #renovationbeforeandafter as seen in @gray_magazine #graymag #inprint #pnw #ONESEEDblog.Build by @verticalgrainprojectsInterior Design: @myriamfreedmandesigns + @OneSEED_Arch (collab)Architecture: @OneSEED_ArchLandscape: @greenelevationsStyling: @lmellingPhotography: @pineconecamp@gray_magazine article by @renske_werner
- The large projecting folds of the Re-Generation House roof create depth, light, and shadows. #regenerationhouse as seen in @gray_magazine #graymagazine #graymag #inprint #pnw.Build by @verticalgrainprojectsInterior Design: @myriamfreedmandesigns + @OneSEED_Arch (collab)Architecture: @OneSEED_ArchLandscape: @greenelevationsPhotography: @pineconecamp
- Photo day at Geometric House! @emaphotographi and @tinakruegerkulic hustled all day and were pretty fun ladies to hang out with while we waited for the sun to peak out and hit the house in just that perfect way. Even the preview shots looked amazing. .Ooof. I am exhausted!#geometrichouse #northvan #omeseedarch #westcoastmodern #photoday